Re: problem with usb device

Please use Reply-To-All so that your messages get sent to the mailing
list as well as to me.

On Mon, 30 May 2011, cedric Martin wrote:

> > These -62, -71, and -84 errors are all low-level hardware problems.
> > They indicate that the computer is not able to communicate with the
> > joystick.  They could be caused by a bad cable or bad electronics in
> > the computer or in the stick.
>
> I don't think so, the arcade stick work with windows XP on another
> computer, the oem PS3 joystick work on my computer, I'm don't think this
> is a hardware problem.

Don't be so sure.  Consider this: I have a USB drive enclosure.  When I
use it with a standard USB cable on my home computer, it doesn't work.
But it does work with the same cable when attached to my office
computer.  And the enclosure does work on my home computer with a
different cable.  Also, a USB flash drive works on my home computer
when attached by the standard cable.  So which component is at fault?
Changing any one of the three (computer, cable, or enclosure) causes
the problem to go away.

> > Not until the hardware problems are fixed.  Have you tried using the
> > stick on a different Linux computer?  For example, what happens if you
> > plug it into the Win-XP system and boot from an Ubuntu LiveCD?
> >

> I did no opportunity to try on another computer for the moment but I did
> try on mine with live CD, it don't work neither.
> But it's a good idea I'll try tomorrow on a PC with XP where arcade
> stick works and use live CD.

Okay.

Alan Stern