Re: high speed isochronous endpoint with bInterval of 5

Xiaofan Chen wrote:
> We just have a discussion on libusb-win32 about a device
> from Microsoft. Xbox Kinnect has the Xbox NUI Audio device which
> is a high speed USB device and it has an isoc endpoint with
> bInterval of 5.  [...]
> The question is whether this device violates USB specification?

This bInterval value does not violate the spec.

What does violate the spec is that there is no alternate setting with
an iso bandwidth of zero.  (Having iso and bulk endpoints in the same
interface is just bad design.  And it's probably too much to ask for
a class-compliant device, as that would make the device portable.)

> Apparently it is supported under Linux. Does Linux has
> similar limitation about the bInterval value for high
> speed isoc endpoint like Windows?

No, Linux supports all intervals that the spec says it must support.

Regards,
Clemens