Re: How to force enumeration from linux gadget/device

On 11-05-12 08:40 AM, Alan Stern wrote:
On Thu, 12 May 2011, Xiaofan Chen wrote:
On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 1:23 AM, Marc St-Jean<Marc.St-Jean@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I'm trying to force a host to re-enumerate our device from the linux
g_ether\RNDIS side. Currently it appears to only do so if I unplug the
cable or drop VBUS on the cable. We can't do this as the user won't have
access to the cable in the completed system.
Often the solution is to add a vendor specific command to force
the slave device to soft-detach from the bus (eg: disable the usb
module and then enable it again) and then it will be
enumerated again. You can even force the reset of the whole
slave device if you want.
That's not the issue here.  Marc's problem is that he doesn't know
_how_ to force the slave device to soft-detach from the bus.  None of
the things he has tried so far have worked (but I don't think he has
tried rebooting the device).

Thanks, yes we've tried rebooting. The reason we have this issue is that after rebooting the device, the host does not recover it's networking over g_ether/RNDIS.

Marc