usb 3.0 bug report - USB 2.0 mp3 device with ExpressCard USB 3.0 host port reboot failed

Hi all,

I am happy to send an email to all of you for the first time. I have found something interesting when I use the lastest usb-2.6 tree. I think it is a bug maybe. The details are as follows,

1. Firstly installed the usb-2.6 tree
2. Then I attached the ExpressCard USB 3.0 to an ExpressCard slot in the laptop
3. Then, attached the USB 2.0 mp3 device to the ExpressCard USB 3.0 host port. The system can find the USB 2.0 mp3 device successfully
4. When I reboot the system, the mp3 can not be found. No matter I run #fdisk -l or #cat /proc/partitions . But if I attached the mp3 to the USB 2.0 port of the laptop, everything is absolutely normal.
5. Next, I also tried to apply those 6 patches to the tree. But it also failed after applied those 6 patches.
  http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=130389890710401&w=2
  http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=130389886810361&w=2
  http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=130389890910407&w=2
  http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=130389890910410&w=2
  http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=130389890810404&w=2
  http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=130389888710386&w=2

6. Then I verified there is also so such problem when attached the mp3 to a PCI-E USB 3 port rather than the USB 3 ExpressCard.

FYIïI have also replaced the usb 2.0 mp3 to an usb 2.0 disk. It can also work well.

Hope these all the informations mentioned above would be useful for you.

Best Regards,
Cui