usbserial driving multiple devices

Hello list,

I was wondering if there's a way for usbserial.ko to drive multiple
devices when it's loaded manually. Specifically, I want to connect to
professional GPS/GNSS receivers via USB and talk to them through a
serial connection over USB.

I can make it work for each single one, through "sudo modprobe
usbserial vendor=xxxx product=yyyy", but I cannot run this command a
second time to make it create a second /dev/ttyUSB[09] device (this is
not true; I can run it a second time, and it exits without error, but
since the module is already loaded, it doesn't have the desired
effect).

Thank you in advance for your time

Dimitrios Symeonidis
"If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping with
a mosquito!" - Amnesty International