Re: USBCV MSC test failing

Rogers,

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Roger Quadros <roger.quadros@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 04/06/2011 10:11 PM, ext Alan Stern wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 6 Apr 2011, Sonasath, Moiz wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> I am working on android kernel based on K35, and I see these bunch of
>>> device configure failures. Any pointers would really help.
>>
>> Which gadget driver are you using?
>>
>> Have you enabled verbose debugging in the gadget driver?
>>

> I've kind of come to realize why this is happening.
>
> It is a timing related issue. MSC tests issues two set configurations and set interface (alt 0) and immediately follow with a CBW.
>
> In the current composite framework + f_mass_storage setup, the actual enabling and disabling of endpoints is done in a background thread, while the setup requests are allowed to complete through composite.c.
>
> (notice that DELAYED_RESPONSE is not correctly implemented here as in file_storage.c)
>
> The CBW is received by the controller but due to large latency in scheduling the thread to process the CONFIG_STATE_CHANGE state, the endpoints get reset after the CBW is received, instead of before, thus loosing the CBW.

Yes, I agree with your analysis, as this definitely seems to be some
timing issue as very often I do see all the tests passing or all the
Device configure tests don't fail only one or two fails. Also, for the
failure cases I observe that fsg_main_thread(), get_next_command()
just keeps on waiting for the CBW (which is getting lost perhaps as
per your explanation) and hence the tests fail.

Do you mean DELAYED_STATUS ?

Any suggestions as to how can we solve this issue?

> --
> regards,
> -roger

Regards