Re: [RFC 1/6]Fix typo "recieve" in various parts of the kernel.

On Thu, 7 Apr 2011, Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote :
compile tested as best as I can...
I'm not a native speaker, but "as good as" sounds better in my ears.
Depends on context. For a phrase like "as good as it gets" you're right, but in this case it's an adverb and "good" would be wrong. Probably the "right" phrase would be "tested as well as I could" or "as fully as I could" but "as best as" only sounds a tad naive where "as good as" is actually wrong here.

Sorry, native speaker and part-time writer and grammar pedant.
--
Rob Pearce                       http://www.bdt-home.demon.co.uk

The contents of     | All power corrupts, but we need electricity.
this message are    |
purely my opinion.  |
Don't believe a     |
word.               |