omap: USB host disconnects connecting a device through USB HUB

Hi all,

I'm experimenting some issues with USB on IGEP v2 board, in certain
cases I've an USB disconnect when I plug a device. For me it fails
with kernel 2.6.35 but I think it also affect newer kernel, the issue
is easy to reproduce following these steps:

1. Power up the board (without any device connected )

2. When kernel is up, connect a powered USB HUB 2.0 to the USB host
port, kernel shows,

usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using ehci-omap and address 2
usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=05e3, idProduct=0608
usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=1, SerialNumber=0
usb 1-1: Product: USB2.0 Hub
hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-1:1.0: 4 ports detected
usb 1-1.4: new high speed USB device using ehci-omap and address 3
usb 1-1.4: New USB device found, idVendor=05e3, idProduct=0608
usb 1-1.4: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=1, SerialNumber=0
usb 1-1.4: Product: USB2.0 Hub
hub 1-1.4:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-1.4:1.0: 4 ports detected

3. Then if I connect a device (for example a pendrive) to the HUB I
get USB disconnect message

usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 2
usb 1-1.4: USB disconnect, address 3

OTOH, it works without problem
  1. if power up the board with the USB HUB connected to the USB Host
port and the device connected to the USB hub.
  2. if after kernel is up, connect the USB HUB + device to the USB Host port

Anyone is experimenting something like this with other OMAP3-based boards ?

Regards,
   Enric Balletbà i Serra