Re: USB Disconnects / resets after commit b963801164618e25fbdc0cd452ce49c3628b46c8

On 04/04/11 17:24, Alan Stern wrote:

>> let me know if I can provide other information. The machine is question is a
>> production machine in a hosting facility, so my priority was to get this
>> working as I have now.
>
> Start with the items mentioned above.  We can go on from there.

One of the issues is of course, the machine is a production machine in a
server room some miles from here (and many of the files it serves up are
on the usb drive) When the USB drive goes down, I have to power cycle to
bring everything back up again (Just a reboot and the usb is often still
in a state where it won't work). So there is a little risk involved to
debug this further. However if I get an opportunity to do it without
disrupting services too much I will. Perhaps in the meantime someone
else will come along who also has a related problem.

Best Regards

Jools