Re: Wisair UWB adapter

I hope you like writing kernel code and reverse engineering USB devices
as HWAs are unlikely to work well (or at all) with the current code.

On 14/03/11 12:53, Florian Echtler wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've gotten my hands on a Wisair UWB adapter (13cf:1200) and naturally
> wanted to give it a try with Linux.
>
> Plugging it in shows:
>
> usb 2-1.2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 10
> hwa-hc 2-1.2:1.0: Cannot get associated UWB Host Controller
> hwa-hc 2-1.2:1.0: Cannot initialize internals: -19
> uwb_rc uwb0: new uwb radio controller (mac 0a:00:00:09:63:ce dev 6b:99)
> on usb 2-1.2:1.1

Try manually loading the hwa-rc and hwa-hc modules in that order.

modprobe -r hwa-hc
modprobe -r hwa-rc
modprobe hwa-rc
modprobe hwa-rc

The problem here is the WUSB host controller module was started before
the radio controller and it must be done the other way around.

> and I get /sys/class/uwb_rc/uwb0/. However, I can't seem to get a
> connection to the other side (which is supposed to be a wireless display
> adapter). I've tried various combinations of
>
> echo 9 0 | cat > /sys/class/uwb_rc/uwb0/beacon
> echo 9 0 | cat > /sys/class/uwb_rc/uwb0/scan
>
> with the only result of
>
> uwb_rc uwb0: SCAN: command execution failed: invalid state (10)
>
> The documentation both in the kernel source and on linuxuwb.org seems
> pretty outdated; can somebody give me some pointers/tips here?

You're unlikely to be able to see a Wireless USB device's beacons until
it has seen a wireless USB host to connect to.

David
--
David Vrabel, Senior Software Engineer, Drivers
CSR, Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park,  Tel: +44 (0)1223 692562