Re: what should a USB gadget driver or gadgetfs do if the USB host reboots?

Please instruct your email client to wrap lines after 72 columns or so.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011, Smith, Carolyn J wrote:

> I have a USB device running gadgetfs connected to a USB host (a Windows PC). When the PC reboots, the USB device is no longer recognized by it until it is unplugged and then plugged back in.

What happens if you use a Linux-based host?

> I am not sure if the problem is in the peripheral controller driver (DWC_OTG) in the device or in the gadgetfs layer or in the application layer above gadgetfs. The peripheral controller driver is getting a USB reset interrupt. Should it then be calling the gadget driver's disconnect function, i.e. gadgetfs_disconnect, which will pass the disconnect up to the application layer?

The controller driver should call the disconnect routine when the host
is powered off, but not all devices are capable of detecting this.

Have you tried testing with a different gadget driver, such as g_zero
or g_file_storage?

Alan Stern