Re: RE : [RFC] EHCI otg support - how to proceed?

On 3/2/2011 7:09 PM, Sascha Hauer wrote:
>>> At least I think we should pick one of the drivers above, sort the
>> > I think the ci13xxx_udc code is not the best.
>> > It is not tested very well, the original code was pci (for eval board) no otg.
>> > Msm did their driver  (http://marc.info/?t=128930153200003&r=1&w=2)
>> > and I recommended them to use the in kernel driver.  At that time I
>> > didn't know of fsl driver and only though there was ci13xxx_udc driver
>> > for ehci udc. What a same. If they used fsl one, things will be much
>> > simpler.
> No objections on that. It was easy enough to port i.MX (which uses the
> fsl_udc_core) over to ci13xxx, so I suppose it will be easy the other
> round aswell. What I missed in the fsl udc driver was that it does not
> work with otg because it setups the controller for device mode in its
> probe function.

Thats correct. Otg thing is broken in fsl udc driver. There is no
reference to otg_get_transceiver but there is one to
otg_set_peripheral(). Also chipidea link has same register set for host
operation. So we should ensure that udc is not poking into hardware
registers while host is active. For example it could happen while system
is suspending.

The otg works fine with ci13xxx_msm. We have not implemented SRP/HNP
yet. But we could switch to host and back to peripheral mode based on Id
pin detection.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Sent by a consultant of the Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.