SCSI MODE SENSE handling - question

Hi All

I was looking at the current implementation of do_mode_sense() in
f_mass_storage.c (v2.6.38-rc5) and saw that there is no reference to the
ALLOCATION LENGTH value from the CDB when issuing the reply.
It seems to me that this might be an issue. For example the UAS host driver
issues the following MODE SENSE CDB:

0x1a       0x00       0x3f       0x00       0x04       0x00
Meaning:
PC = 0x00 Current values
Page Code = 0x3f all pages
Allocation Length = 0x04

According to the code in such case the MODE SENSE data reply length should
be 16 bytes while the host expects to receive only 4 bytes.

Shouldn't  there be some sort of a length adjustment according to the
Allocation Length value?

Best regards,
Tanya Brokhman
Consultant for Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum