Re: [RFC/PATCH 0/4] UASP device driver

Hi Tanya,

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 08:45:01AM +0200, Tanya Brokhman wrote:
> Hi Sarah
>
> We are using the following for testing UAS gadget:
> 1. Internally developed Unittest FW. We're planning to share this code as
> well as soon as we get legal approval for that.
> 2. A testing application (and driver) we purchased from MCCI called MSDVT.
> 3. The UAS host from 2.6.37. Now we upgraded to v2.6.38-rc3

I'm Ccing Matthew Wilcox, who has been working on the UAS driver.  He
can give you the details about what works on the UAS protocol side, and
I can help with any USB/xHCI issues you have.

> We've been having some issues with the UAS host and while debugging I've
> noticed that the TM are not implemented yet (I looked at v2.6.38-rc3). Is
> there is a later version/another git tree you can recommend?

What sort of issues are you having?  Care to post a dmesg?  I have a
Lecroy USB 3.0 analyzer, so if you need to send any bus traces, I can
view them.

As for the latest version, I think 2.6.38-rc3 is the latest version of
the UAS phone.

> Actually, right now we almost finished the development and our concentration
> is on testing. My plan is to make the code a bit more stable and upload a
> full version.

Great!

> I would appreciate if you, or one of your UAS developers could review and
> provide us with your inputs on the design.

I'm not a gadget side expert, but I can look over the general
architecture.  How many streams can your code handle?  The current UAS
driver will handle a fairly large number (253?), but it can't take
advantage of parallel SCSI command submissions unless the device side
advertises it can handle many commands in parallel.

Sarah Sharp