Webcam gadget (g_webcam) question

Hi everyone,

I'm experimenting with the webcam gadget (g_webcam) created by Laurent
Pinchart, but I can't find any information about how to actually use
it.  I've searched the internet and the linux-usb list archives in
vain.

Here's what I've done:

I managed to backport the module and some of the V4L2 dependencies
from the 2.6.36 kernel to the 2.6.32 kernel used by my device (a TI
Davinci platform) and I can build and load the module without trouble
(it creates /dev/video1).  I'm guessing that this is just a generic
v4l2 display device?  To test this, I would like to route "captured"
video from Vivi on /dev/video0 to my Windows host machine using the
UVC interface.

Here's what I'm having trouble with:

1. My Windows machine detects the device as a UVC gadget and loads the
appropriate driver, but when I try to construct a graph using
GraphEdit, none of the other filters will attach to the UVC filter.
Has anyone tested this module with a Windows host machine?

2. I can't figure out how to actually push video to the gadget device.
 Should I be using GStreamer for this?  If so, what type of sink is
required?  The ti-gstreamer branch doesn't come with v4l2sink, so
hopefully that's not required.

I would appreciate any advice from the community.

Also, this is my first message to a Linux mailing list, so please tell
me if I'm doing something wrong!

Thanks,

Will Kelleher
Nuvixa, Inc.