Re: Keytouch IEC 60945 USB Keyboard not working

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011, kholis wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 4:07 PM, kholis <nur.kholis.majid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 1:11 AM, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> >> The log shows that the device was working until you unplugged it.  Then
> >> when you plugged it back in again, it didn't work -- it crashed when it
> >> received a Get-String-Descriptor request.
> >>
> >> Is that what usually happens?  Does the keyboard sometimes work okay
> >> and sometimes not?
>
> I never find it works in linux so far (It always print nothing when I
> pressed the button. All light indicator always off too). But always
> works in windows (I've tested it in XP and 7).

The log you created shows _some_ device doing something: Bus 002 Device
013 (you mentioned it yourself in the previous email).  Wasn't that the
Keytouch keyboard?

Can you run another similar test?  I want to compare the logs to see if
the keyboard fails in the same way as before.  This time try typing a
line of text on the keyboard before you unplug it (after starting the
usbmon trace).

Also, it would help if you unplug your USB mass-storage device and the
USB mouse before running the test, if possible.

Alan Stern