USBDUX bulk transfer no longer working in 2.6.35, 2.6.37

Hi guys,

I'm the maintainer of the USBDUX data acquisition device. The driver has been more or less unchanged for the last 2 years. However, with the recent kernel versions the bulk transfers have become erratic on one of my computers. However, other users report much stranger behaviour such as HID keyboard/mouse stops working when plugged in and other stuff, see below.

Now my question is: what has changed in recent kernel versions which might cause this quite severe problem. In earlier versions everything worked fine. In fact for over 5 years.

/Bernd
P.S.: the driver selects alternate setting 3 which is a certain enpoint configuration on the FX2 cypress. This won't succeed. Seems so that in general bulk transfers won't go through.

usb 2-2: selecting invalid altsetting 3
usbdux 2-2:1.0: comedi_: usbdux0: could not set alternate setting 3 in high
speed.
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbdux

but no device nodes are created, which would allow access to the usbdux.

(2) The cvs drivers are blocking other usb devices like my hid mouse and
keyboard, continously producing ~60 messages per second like

drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-core.c: can't reset device, 0000:00:1d.7-2.3/input1,
status -71
usb 2-2: clear tt 3 (0200) error -71

Behaviour (1) have been confirmed on two systems with System
(a) beeing a Laptop with Gentoo Linux, kernel version 2.6.37
(b) beeing a Desktop with Ubuntu 10.10, current 2.6.35 kernel from repository. Behaviour (2) was tested on (a) only. With this setup I can work, as long as I
am willing to forget about the usb mouse and keyboard.

usb 2-1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 56
usb 2-1: New USB device found, idVendor=13d8, idProduct=0001
usb 2-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0
usbdux 2-1:1.0: comedi_: usbdux0 has been successfully initialised.
usbdux 2-1:1.0: comedi0: usb-device 0 is attached to comedi.
usbdux 2-1:1.0: comedi0: attached to usbdux.
usbdux 2-1:1.0: comedi0: could not transmit dux_command to the usb-device,
	err=-110
--
www:    http://www.berndporr.me.uk/
        http://www.linux-usb-daq.co.uk/