RE: SCSI_START_STOP_UNIT implementation question

> That's sort of how do_start_stop() works.  fsg_lun_close() is like
> opening the door and removing the disc from the drive.  fsg_lun_open()
> is like putting a disc in the drive and shutting the door.  START=1
> won't work if there isn't a disc in the drive.
>
> Alan Stern

Hi Alan

Thank you for the explanation. But according to the code if a host sends a
start_stop(START=0, LOEJ=1) the lun will be closed and there is no way to
"reopen" it, even if the disk is still in the drive physically. I thought
that it should be done by start_stop(START=1, LOEJ=1), shouldn't it?
Otherwise if the host sends start_stop(START=0, LOEJ=1) the lun is not
functional until you reset the f_mass_storage module.
Or am I missing something? Suppose this is a CD. What notification/cb will
we receive (in the code) when the disk is inserted to the drive?

Best regards,
Tanya Brokhman
Consultant for Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum