Re: how to set rx and tx fifo sizes

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 05:35:23PM -0800, Donna Rigas wrote:
> We're using an ARM7TDMI processor (LPC2368) running custom firmware
> which includes the open-source LPCUSB driver code modified for our
> usages (and subsequently enumerates using the cdc_acm driver as
> /dev/ttyACM0). The USB pins from the ARM processor are hardwired to
> our x86 host.

As per the USB acm spec, it knows nothing about a uart at all, so
there's no way to control it that way.

Don't think of USB like a serial port in the first place, it is nothing
like that.  You should be able to easily keep the "pipe full" by just
submitting lots of data to the device, right?

Have you used a usb analizer, or usbmon, to see where, if any, places
you have delays in the bus transmissions?

thanks,

greg k-h