Re: Re: USB start-up time

On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 09:28:41AM -0800, Greg KH wrote:

> Ick, you do realize that those are very old and you shouldn't need this
> for modern kernels, right?
>
> Oh wait, what kernel version are you working on here?  That will make a
> huge difference as to your boot speeds.

You said you are using the .34 kernel, nevermind.  You shouldn't need
these patches for that kernel, but do note that the .34 kernel is quite
old, and that newer kernels should boot even faster.

But all the work I did was on x86 machines, not ARM, so perhaps you have
other delays and interdependencies that I never saw on x86.  The boot
graph will show you what you need to parallelize better than just
looking at log messages.

Do you have the output of one of them that you can share?

thanks,

greg k-h