Re: USB Flash Drive disconnected just before scanning.

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 ttkspam@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi
> I compared a syslog from a normal usb key and from the camsport evo. In the
> second case no scsi support is triggered.

That's because usb-storage wasn't driving the device.

>  It seems the usbid database is wrong
> for my device.

What usbid database are you talking about?

> it will not see it as a removable hd. I've tried to create my own
> udev rule to force loading of scsi layer but i failed..
> I'm lost.

Do what I said in my previous email message: increase the logging level
of the udev daemon so you can see what it does when the drive is
plugged in.

Alan Stern