Re: ALSA -18 infinite loop

Hi ,

We debugged and found that by commenting the below line in
retire_capture_urb() function

  /* snd_printd(KERN_ERR "frame %d active: %d\n", i,
urb->iso_frame_desc[i].status); */

we get proper usb disconnect and sound cleanup is done automatically
with existing functions at usb disconnect during audio play .

so things are summarized as  :

1) if above snd_printd statement is not commented , system is stuck
into continous frame 0 active : alsa -71 , alsa -18 mesages loops
and no usb disconnect message comes from lower layer .

2) but if above snd_printd statement is commented ,  proper usb
disconnect message comes and sound cleanup functions
are called in snd_complete_urb function starting with cannot submit
urb : -19 messages , which is ok .

can i be guided with some clue why the presence of snd_printd
statement leads system into continous message loops
and no usb disconnect message is reported from below usb stack ,
whereas with commenting snd_printd leads to proper cleanup
and usb disconnect messages ?

does it has some relation to the way serial and usb interrupts are
serviced in the system ?

Regards
Amit Nagal