Re: Webcam and USB3

Hello,

         Thanks for that, I'll look at upgrading my kernel.

  Sorry about the bottom bit; I need to have it on my emails purely
for (probably pointless ;) ) regulatory/bureaucratic reasons, out of
my control - I often forget to remove it when posting to a public
newsgroup!  I will switch to my personal email account for this group
instead.

Regards,

Neil

On 22 November 2010 21:53, Sarah Sharp <sarah.a.sharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>
> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 06:44:09PM +0000, Neil Benn wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >          I didn't see this appear on the list - just resending to see
> > if it gets through.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Neil
> >
> > On 19 November 2010 16:33, Neil Benn <neil.benn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > >         I've read reports on trying to use a webcam with USB3 having
> > > problems, we also have a problem.  I don't know if it helps but we've
> > > also tried with a Philips SPC620NC and Logitech C270 plugged into a
> > > USB3 socket on the motherboard.  I've attached the log files to this
> > > email from the kernel log and lsub -v.
> > >
> > > The motherboard is running an Intel P55 chipset with the USB 3.0
> > > provided via a NECD720200F1 chip. The kernel is '2.6.35-22-generic
> > > #35-Ubuntu'.
>
> 2.6.35 doesn't have support for isochronous transfers, and that's needed
> for your webcam.  Please try the latest 2.6.36 stable release instead.
>
> Sarah Sharp
>
> p.s.
>
> > > IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This message, including any attached documents, is
> > > intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
> > > addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
> > > confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the
> > > reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee
> > > or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended
> > > recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
> > > distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
> > > If you have received this communication in error, please notify Ziath
> > > Ltd immediately by email at info@xxxxxxxxxx Thank you.
> > >

> If you're sending to a public mailing list, this message seems a little
> silly.  Some people might not reply because the message is not
> directly addressed to them.

Neil Benn Msc
Director
Ziath Ltd