Re: Trouble with ft2232

On Saturday, November 20, 2010 02:51:45 pm gene heskett did opine:

> On Saturday, November 20, 2010 01:33:11 pm Johan Hovold did opine:
> > On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 12:27:43PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> > > On Saturday, November 20, 2010 12:20:24 pm Johan Hovold did opine:
> > >
> > > How long has this incorrectness existed?  I have a 9600 baud
> > > connection to an old old machine in the basement that cannot handle
> > > a 9600 baud rzsz file move from minicom unless I reset the port
> > > speed to 4800 baud else minicom ignores the DTR/CTS drops and keeps
> > > on pouring the data into the pipe.
> >
> > The bad commit was made on June 3rd this summer. Unfortunately, it was
> > marked for stable and then later back-ported to all stable trees. I
> > think it hit 2.6.32 around 2.6.32.14 or so. You should be able to find
> > out by searching the logs for the commit id of the reverted commit
> > (6a1a82df91fa0eb1cc76069a9efe5714d087eccd "USB: ftdi_sio: fix DTR/RTS
> > line modes").

> > > Sounds like a good excuse to rebuild a kernel that only has about an
> > > hours uptime on Mike Galbraith's scheduler patches, and they are
> > > definitely a keeper.
> >
> > Yeah, those ones look really promising.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Johan
>
> Looks like I'm headed off to get the 36.1 patch then.
>
> Thanks again.

I built it and installed it, no problems.  But modprobe is now broken, a
major bummer.  I run the latest nvidia (spit, but they work flawlessly
anyway if I can get them to install) drivers on a GForce 9400 GT card.

But modprobe fails and the failure echo shows that it has changed all the
dashes in the kernel version string into underscores so the nvidia
installer predictably fails.  I'll modify all the dashes to dots and retry.

Does anyone know what this BS is with modprobe?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)