Re: iso transfer : bad length / crc16 error

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010, Amit Nagal wrote:

> >> if error recovery is possible , such recovery can be done from which part :
> >>
> >> usb host controller or audio class driver ?
> >
> > Neither one.  Nothing needs to be done; recovery is automatic.
> >
> > Alan Stern
> >

> Thanx for the reply .  i have a doubt .
> SInce iso tranfers provide error detection via CRC but no retry or
> guarantee of delievery ,
> how recovery is automatic in case of usb iso transfers ?

Recovery is completely automatic.  However you should realize that
recovery != retransmission.  The host recovers and continues, but the
original data is lost.

> In my case host controller also  reports device disconnect in PORTSC
> register at this error condition also .
> is it normal behaviour on part of usb host controller to report device
> disconnect if usb isochoronous
> transactions fails with such errors such as bad length ?

You've got it backward.  It is normal behavior for transactions to fail
with these errors if the device disconnects.

Alan Stern