Re: Some queries about the 2.6.35.4 Linux kernel's xHCI HCD implementation.

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 12:41:47PM +0530, ck ck wrote:
> Hi Sarah,
>
> Thanks for the responses.
>
> I have to ask you some more questions on USB-3.0 :
> i)   Do you have any idea what testing tools I could use to test USB-3.0
> host controller software on Linux ?

No, I don't.

> ii)  Do you know of anyone's plan (or patch-file) to implement USB 3.0
> changes for testusb.c and usbtest.c in the linux kernel ?

I don't think anyone has updated that yet for USB 3.0 host controllers.
Why not ask the linux-usb mailing list (which I've Cc'ed)?

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 01:03:45PM +0530, ck ck wrote:
> Sorry, one more question for you which I forgot to put into my last email :
> iii) The usb-storage.ko driver needs to implement calls to
> usb_alloc_streams() to make use of bulk streams introduced
>    in 3.0.
>    Are you aware of any plan(s) for this ?
>    Or, could you please tell me whom to approach on this ?

The USB Attached SCSI driver has been merged into 2.6.37-rc1.  You can
download it as the "mainline" version on http://kernel.org.  The
driver is drivers/usb/storage/uas.ko.  You'll need to unload the
usb-storage driver to have the uas driver attach to any UAS devices.
Please let Matthew Wilcox <willy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> and I know if you have
any issues testing with UAS devices.

Sarah Sharp