Rapidport/4 on Red Hat 5.5

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there was anything that I'm
missing with setting up a Digi Rapidport/4 on Red Hat Enterprise 5.5.
I plug the device in and it does recognize it, creating /dev/ttyUSB0
through /dev/ttyUSB3, but it seems that anytime that I try to receive
a fax with it, it hangs up without fail. I'm using Esker VSIFAX to try
to receive the fax,  and when trying to get support from Digi
themselves, I simply get a line about the driver being maintained by
the Linux community these days, and how they can be no help unless we
want to switch to Windows.
Is there any sort of configuration that I might be missing? I have
been able to successfully send a fax using the device, it's just on
receive that it seems to fail.

~Shanon McKernan
QBC Systems Inc.