Re: xhci isoc : Not enough bandwidth for altsetting 6

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 10:53:21AM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Nov 2010, Sarah Sharp wrote:
>
> > But the real issue is that the UVC driver can use less bandwidth than
> > the device specifies in its endpoint descriptors, but there's no way for
> > the xHCI driver to know that.  It can only use the interval and max
> > packet size advertised in the endpoint descriptor.  There needs to be a
> > new API for USB video drivers to tell the xHCI driver what the real
> > bandwidth expectations are.  Until then, your webcam won't work under
> > xHCI.
>
> But this same objection applies when the camera is plugged into a
> USB-2.0 controller.  Since it works then, it should also work with
> xHCI.

Yes, this USB 2.0 device should work under the NEC xHCI host controller
now that we have the input context straightened out.  It's probably a
hardware bug in the host.  I'll email NEC about it, but it's likely they
have fixed this in a later firmware version.

Sarah Sharp