Re: Hercules Deejay Trim, "not enough bandwidth"

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010, Daniel Stöckner wrote:

> I just saw, that my mail from yesterday didn't go to the list with the
> attachment. So here once again with a link instead:
>
> http://www.stoeckner.net/linux/usbmon_and_uhci.tar.bz2
>
> Two usbmon traces (cat u0) are in the archive: One for plugging the
> device in and one for starting 24bit 44100 4+2 mode and let it work for
> some seconds.
>
> /sys/kernel/debug/usb/uhci/0000:00:1d.0 is included as well. It was
> copied while the device was running in 24bit 44100 4+2 mode.

Okay, this all makes sense.  And it explains why endpoint 3 in
interface 10 has such large maxpacket values; that endpoint evidently
is a 4-channel input.

The numbers work out correctly; the system has allocated 239 us/frame
for the 2-channel output and 471 us/frame for the 4-channel input,
giving a total usage of 710 us which is well under the 900-us maximum.

Now let's go back to the non-working new machine.  Try running two
separate tests, the first doing just 4-channel input and the second
doing just 2-channel output.  That way both tests should work okay.
During each test, save a copy of the "periodic" file from the ehci
debugging directory.  Let's see how they look, and we'll move forward
from there.

Alan Stern