cdc_acm claims Lego NXT in firmware update mode

Hi,

recently, I noticed that I wasn't able to flash my Lego NXT brick
anymore. As soon as the device is plugged in, cdc_acm claims the usb
device and provides a ttyACM*-device.

Now I could rewrite some bits of our software and use the ttyACM*-device
to talk to the NXT. But this seems wrong to more for several reasons:

If the Lego NXT is in firmware update mode, the SAM-BA program is run by
the arm CPU. It's part of the CPU, non-changeable, and it doesn't
understand any AT commands at all. So it is not a modem, and as far as I
understand, the policy is that device should be blacklisted.

If the Lego firmware runs on the NXT brick, it uses some Lego-specific
vendor/product Id. According to a comment in the cdc_acm.c, these are
already blacklisted.
If the CPU of the Lego NXT brick is running in firmware update mode, the
vendor/product Ids are different. Non-Lego specific I guess. They might
be the same for all arm cpus that support SAM-BA in system programming.
These are not black listed, it seems.

I will have a closer look again when I come home. What Infos do I need
to provide, and how does the blacklist in cdc_acm.c work? Is there also
a whiteliste?

In the past, cdc_acm never claimed the device.
This behaviour seems to be new,

Regards,
  Sven