Re: CDC_ACM, TU4310 and odd behaviour

On 10/23/2010 17:57, Greg KH wrote:
This sounds like the device is broken, especially due to this:
That is my guess too.

How does other operating systems handle this device?  Do they use the
HID interface, or the cdc-acm interface?
Well, under linux itself, all debugging&programming kits use the hid interface, but the serial interface is still used for testing/actual production/applications. Same under windows. Please note that the windows driver does seem to also have that issue at times, so it's most definitely likely to be a problem of that device.
(I did find other references to it)

I am guessing worst case I could try creating a permanent read-drain proxy of some sort. Any more debugging I might be able to provide? Or solutions?

-Kenji