Re: XHCI freezes, most up to date patches / tree ?

Hi Andiry,

It seems i have narrowed down my problem a bit.
My system has 8Gb of ram, when i restrict the hypervisor to use only 4G the system doesn't freeze.
When using the full 8Gb it does (although the guests never get more than 1G of mem)

When i compare the logs of the 2 cases i get in the guest with the xhci controller passed through to it:

When restricting to 4G:
Sep 28 17:55:02 security kernel: [81744.078288] xhci_hcd 0000:07:00.0: WARN: transfer error on endpoint
Sep 28 17:55:02 security kernel: [81744.092653] xhci_hcd 0000:07:00.0: WARN: transfer error on endpoint
Sep 28 17:55:02 security kernel: [81744.093647] xhci_hcd 0000:07:00.0: WARN: transfer error on endpoint
Sep 28 17:55:02 security kernel: [81744.093647] xhci_hcd 0000:07:00.0: WARN: transfer error on endpoint
Sep 28 17:55:02 security kernel: [81744.093647] xhci_hcd 0000:07:00.0: WARN: transfer error on endpoint

Without restrictions, i don't get these before the system freezes.
It's a hunch, but perhaps this could be related, because when it freezes it hasn't got time to write the warning to the syslog and to disk.

Is there anything in the cleanup of this warning related to dma/msi-x interrupts that could write or do something that could react differently above the 4Gb mem boundary ?

--

Sander