Re: MTP gadget driver

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 4:24 AM, Roger Quadros <roger.quadros@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 09/24/2010 11:56 PM, ext Brett Werling wrote:
>>
>> I'm looking for the maintainer of the MTP gadget driver for the
>> purpose of creating my own MTP responder implementation on an embedded
>> device. Is there some place I can download a working tree and possibly
>> get some support?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brett
>> --
>>

> FYI. There is already an MTP responder implementation at
> http://wiki.meego.com/Buteo
>
> We had sent RFC patches for mtp gadget implementation (usb transport)
> sometime in March this year.
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/28694
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg28729.html
>
> We are still working on addressing the review comments. We should be sending
> V2 soon.
>
> --
> regards,
> -roger

Can you describe to me how I begin to build around g_mtp in order to
get an MTP responder up and running?  It looks like I will just need
to read and write from specified file descriptors, however I'm unable
to determine if it is indeed that trivial. So far I have included to
the g_mtp patches into my working tree, and now I am unsure of how to
proceed. Can anyone give me guidance?

Thanks,
Brett