Re: [RFC/PATCH] USB:gadget:introduce isochronous source sink function driver(V1)

2010/9/25 Martin Fuzzey <mfuzzey@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> When I configure different max packet sizes for IN transfers and observe
>>> the data size
>>> on the bus (with a bus analyser) I see:
>>>
>>> config                  bus
>>> 256               256
>>> 512                     512
>>> 248                     256
>>> 1020                   1024
>>> 1023                   1024
>>
>> How do you trigger the IN transfer in usb host? usb test #16?
>>
> Yes
>
>> If the usb device does response packets which size is larger than
>> the max packet size in endpoint descriptor, you may meet overflow
>> error. If you don't see this kind of error in usb hcd, seems the data
>> size from your bus analyser is not accurate.
>>
> Indeed I do get overrun errors from the host controller in this case.
>
> I dug into this a bit (I'm only using the gadget side as a test
> device for my HCD)...
>
> It turns out that the gadget side hardware (antgw100 based on
> atmel ap7000 SoC - avr32 arch) uses a bitfield for the endpoint
> size supporting 8 to 1024 by powers of two.
> This uses the atmel_usba_udc gadget driver.
>
> That explains the behaviour I'm seeing above but does raise
> the question (though not directly related to f_iso) of how
> gadget function drivers are supposed to adapt to this.
>
> Suppose a gadget function driver defines a non power
> of two endpoint size (say 192 bytes).
>
> When running on atmel_usba_udc the size in the
> descriptor will be 192 but the size on the wire will be
> 256 and hence the host side will get overruns.

It is surely caused by your atmel_usba_udc controller or its driver.
According to usb spec, max packet size of ISO endpoint should
not go beyond 1023.

> The same function driver will work fine with a UDC
> accepting arbitary endpoint sizes.

The f_iso has been verified OK using musb on beagle B5
as gadget controller, either full speed or high speed.

>> Follows the patch, which can fix your two issues and is against v1.
>>
> Yes that works fine thank you.

Thanks for your test, I will resend the patch later with this fix.

--
Lei Ming