Re: [RFC/PATCH v2 2/3] usb: gadget: introduce UDC Class

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 04:42:51AM -0500, Michał Nazarewicz wrote:
+	if (udc->busy)

I'd say "if (WARN_ON(udc->busy))".

I wanted to keep the same behavior as we have with the host side. You
can, at any time, modprobe -r ehci_hcd and it'll unregister all drivers
registered to ehci-hcd and no WARN() is printed.

+		usb_gadget_unregister_driver(udc->driver);

Maybe add a __usb_gadget_unregister_driver() function which would
take udc as argument and unregister the driver?

Also, note that a concurrent call to usb_gadget_register_driver()
could grab this UDC and register a driver to it.  The list_del() should
be moved above the condition.

fixed.

+ * @driver - the gadget driver pointer. Always provide this.

Actually, always set to NULL.  This field is modified only by the
class code, right? UDC driver should not touch it.  Or am I missing
something.

yeah, copy&paste failure here.

+	unsigned			busy:1;

I started wondering if this field is really needed.  After all,
this field is set only if driver is not-NULL.

true, we chan chge that later.

+	const char			*name;

Is that required?  Wouldn't dev's or gadget's dev's name be enough?

maybe...

--
balbi