Re: file_storage.c vs f_mass_storage.c - why some devices cannot see storage that uses f_mass_storage.c

On 09/14/2010 01:52 AM, ext Zachary Burke wrote:
I'm assuming that whenever you refer f_mass_storage.c you mean mass storage
gadget (ie. mass_storage.c; a gadget that uses f_mass_storage.c but has no
other composite functions).

Sorry but I am playing catch-up on the organization and naming details
of the composite and gadget frameworks.  All I know is that the USB
wrapper module for the Palm Pre directly references f_mass_storage.c
for mass storage functionality.  My kernel source tree does not
contain mass_storage.c but only f_mass_storage.c in
drivers/usb/gadget/.

As a matter of fact, Xbox being MS's creation you might want to try
setting the serial.

As a simple test, I manually set the serial number to a known working
serial but the outcome did not change.  To be thorough, after this
post, I will match all of the cosmetic differences highlighted in the
diff below.

You didn't answer Michal's question. Are you using other composite functions or only mass storage function?

In case you are using multiple functions it might be worth a try to keep mass_storage as the first interface of the composite device.

BTW, does g_mass_storage work? CONFIG_USB_MASS_STORAGE?

--
regards,
-roger