Re: USB card reader autosuspend

Am Sonntag, 8. August 2010, 23:03:55 schrieb Alan Stern:
> The patch
> below is just a proof-of-principle; in the end we'll want something
> more flexible.  Maybe a sysfs attribute to select the conditions under
> which autosuspend is allowed.

Ideally we want autodetection. But I agree there's no reason that would
have live in kernel space and sysfs is the way to communicate this
information.

However, after a bit of thought, it seems to me that if we are going
for an attribute in sysfs a model based on open/close makes no sense
for sd.
The thing is that I see no device that would benefit from that algorithm.

Are there any devices which can suspend with medium and opened
which cannot suspend under all circumstances (while not processing
a command)?

	Regards
		Oliver