Re: Measurement of throughput over USB ACM Class

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 05:48:51AM +0200, Sachin VYAS wrote:
> I think my original request maybe bit misinterpreted.
>
> Let me explain again:
>
> We have mobile Phone Reference Board, on which we are running Android
> Framework with Linux Kernel 2.6.29 underneath.
>
> Now we want to dump Trace Data Coming From Cellular modem (again part
> of mobile Phone Reference Board) to PC over USB Port.
> We intend to use USB ACM (g_serial) class to achieve the same, but we
> are not sure what through putwe can achieve on our Board.
> so we want to do through put measurement of Data received from Mobile
> Phone Reference Board to PC over USB (using g_serial class).

I have seen reports of line-speed data rates using the g_serial class
code if your hardware can handle keeping up with the data.  So I know it
is possible.

> Does anybody know if any free Tool/utility exist to do such kind of
> measurement on Linux/Windows PC.

Simply doing something like running 'minicom' on the gadget and sending
a large ammount of data is all you need to do to evaluate this.

But note, Windows is known for having delays in their side when
receiving ACM data.  It's up to the host to keep the gadget data
requests coming as fast as possible, so your limitation might be on the
host side, which we can't control at all :)

Good luck,

greg k-h