Re: DesignWare OTG core

Hi Ben,

On Wednesday 07 July 2010 02:12:40 Ben Dooks wrote:
> Hi, I just noticed you're working on the DW OTG core.
>
> It turns out the s3c-hsotg.c driver in drivers/usb/gadget is pretty
> much the same as the DW OTG device block.

Interesting. I wasn't aware that the Samsung SoC's also integrated the
Synopsis OTG core.

> I am considering renaming
> the s3c-hsotg driver to dw_otg.c or similar and was after thoughts.

What's the history of this driver version? It doesn't look to be based on a
Synopsis version. Is there Samsung SoC specific code in it? Perhaps it would
be better to rename it to something like "dw-otg-s3c.c" then.

Cheers,
Stefan