Re: Report ID problem with HID-RAW interface usage

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Antonio Ospite
<ospite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One of the advantages in the usb case is that you do not have to
> _detach_ the kernel driver bound to the device in order to set/get
> raw hid reports. With libusb this is needed.

To me this is not that much an advantage. Actually libusb-1.0
has the API to re-attach the kernel driver under Linux. And we make
use of this in the new libusb-1.0 example program xusb.
http://libusb.sourceforge.net/api-1.0/group__dev.html#ga9de769d3aeb45a07f5559c8a0597cbcc
http://git.libusb.org/?p=libusb-pbatard.git;a=blob;f=examples/xusb.c;h=e260153aa50234f1c994db521969b7f0e84aebb6;hb=HEAD

--
Xiaofan