Re: USB: Gadget : Dynamic Report Descriptor Modification

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010, suman wrote:

> Hello
>
>  Is it possible to tell the host to do start the re-configure the gadget,
> once the configuration is complete.

Yes, certainly.  All you have to do is electronically disconnect the
gadget from the bus (usb_gadget_disconnect()) for a few tens of
milliseconds.

>  I want to make a generic USB device which can emulate different gadget
> devices  for this i need to change the report descriptor and pid's
>
>  usb_gadget_connect/uab_gadget_disconnect is there, but i think on my board
> it does not support as i cannot see the VBUS change, there is no
> modification in

These routines do not affect VBUS; they affect D+ or D-.

>  As per the gadget driver manual It Disables the D+ (or potentially D-)
> pullup
>
>  How can i ask the host "I need to re-configure my discriptors" ?

There is no standard way to do this.  You can always make up your own
way.

Alan Stern