Re: [RFC] CDC NCM USB host driver

> > but recall my point was that this is just
> > a way to work around USB stacks that have
> > weak support for transfer queues ...
>
> Not just the software stacks -- the hardware as well.
> EHCI and OHCI
> specifically require transfer buffers to be "virtually
> contiguous",

Which is a non-issue unless you're trying to
accept buffers in virtual memory.  Which is by
no means a requirement associated with sane
support for URB transfer queues...

If I queue two separate URBs each of which has
a length of exactly N packets (no ZLP at end),
then the HCD will send 2*N packets, with a
likely small temporal gap after the Nth...

So the recipient could view that as a single
transfer of 2*N packets, and not care that it
came from two separate transfer buffers...