Re: [RFC] CDC NCM USB host driver

Am Freitag, 18. Juni 2010 22:34:28 schrieb David Brownell:
> (1.N full size packets then a short one to
> terminate) out of multiple SKBs (and for the
> sake of argument, I'll assume the various NCM
> headers are packaged in SKBs too ... possibly
> discrete, possibly prepended to other SKBs.
>
> We don't currently have a way to describe USB
> transfers except as the single buffer associated
> with an URB.  Specifically, we can't build one
> transfer out of two or more URBs.

If I may, I'd like to separate this question, because
it is crucial for the rest of the discussion.

> Storage carefully keeps each URB's buffer
> distinct, and doesn't try to map/combine
> them into a single ginormous transfer,
> holding the equivalent of multiple Ethernet
> packets.

Doesn't the storage driver do exactly that? It builds
a single transfer out of multiple buffers. It seems to me
that we can build a single transfer out of multiple
buffers provided all but the last buffers meet some
size constraint.

I cannot see the difference. Could you elaborate?

	Regards
		Oliver