XHCI Not Initialising with Device Connected

Hi,

	I have a motherboard with USB 3.0 built in ( NEC chip, ) and an external
USB 3 hard drive. It seems that if I boot the machine with the drive connected
and powered up, the xhci driver fails to initialise and so is in effect un-
usable. If I connect the   drive after boot, all seems fine. This is using
kernel 2.6.34-rc6 on an amd 64 system, core i7 processor.

	The log shows:

xhci_hcd: probe of 0000:02:00.0 failed with error -110

	I realise that this isn't much to go on, but equally this seems like a
problem that may be known about already! So, before I give any more debugging
output etc. I thought that I'd check to see if this is a known issue ( I've
tried a few searches and found nothing though. )

	If not, besides boot messages related to xhci and lsusb ( for both
working and non working cases ) is there any more info that is needed?

Thanks.