Re: Autosuspend and unbound interfaces

Please instruct your email client to wrap lines after 72 columns or so.
Long lines are hard to deal with.

On Wed, 5 May 2010, Rob Duncan wrote:

> On May 5, 2010, at 9:00 AM, Alan Stern wrote:
>
> > You will have to do some debugging to find out why your driver isn't
> > getting suspended.  A good place to start is in
> > drivers/usb/core/driver.c:autosuspend_check().
>
> I may be doing something stupid, but I'm not seeing
> autosuspend_check() being called for my device.  In fact, it looks
> like it is only being called for the controller devices.  I'm going
> to add more debug printing in likely looking places.  Any additional
> suggestions gratefully accepted!

The most likely reason for autosuspend_check() not getting called is
that either the device or one of its interfaces has a nonzero
usage_count.

The central place where you will get the most information (perhaps a
little too much!) is in drivers/base/power/runtime.c.  Try to trace
what's happening in __pm_runtime_idle() and __pm_runtime_suspend().

Alan Stern