USB Flash Disk Transfer Speeds

Hello all,

Anybody have any idea about why some USB flash disks show different writing
speeds under Linux and Windows? For example the Sandisk's 32GB Extreme Contour
drive can sustain ~17MB/second while copying big files under Windows but the
maximum speed under Linux is  ~4MB/second for the exact file. On the contrary,
another disk I tested, a Corsair FlashVoyager GT 16GB can perform at its rated
speeds (writing) on both platforms. Reading speed on both devices on both
platforms is same and within their specs (25+ MB/second).

My initial investigation pointed to queue depth difference of the Windows and
Linux. I'll be very happy if someone can enlighten me about the situation.

Cheers,

Hakan

P.S: I initially opened this issue as a performance bug on kernel bugzilla but
the bug reported is rightfully rejected and I'm directed here.