Re: ftdi_sio, and usb_serial->interface->dev->driver_data being null

Hi Gregg,

Thanks for your mail!

Is this being done for fun? (Which I can certainly understand!) Or
is it being done as a part of a requirement for school work?

It is a part of my academic research (so I guess it fails under school
work in some sense - though of graduate character :) - although I tried to choose my academic topics based on what I consider "fun" :) )

I ask this because during the time that I've been associated with
Linux, going on about eleven years now I have encountered some
unusual applications. And as it happens yours is one of the better
ones.

Would it be possible to try out your last known working code solution
here?

Unfortunately, I haven't gone beyond the "probe" and "disconnect" - and as you can see, I got stuck at "disconnect" :)

In any case, I intend to release the code GPL once it gets done (and write a paper as well) so I'll post here as soon as I got close to anything resembling working code :)

Cheers!

----- Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@xxxxxxxxx "This signature fought
the Time Wars, time and again."