composite.c: module parameters

Hello everyone,

I've noticed that composite.c declares several module parameters
to let one change various device IDs, however, those have
permissions set to zero.  Is there any reason why not to set them
to 0644?

I am aware this functionality is not necessary in most cases but
since the code is already there why not make it possible to use it?

I want/need to provide device-descriptor runtime configuration in
my gadget and would hate to duplicate code so maybe changing
permission here to 0644 is a good idea?

The code in question is:

static ushort idVendor;
module_param(idVendor, ushort, 0);
MODULE_PARM_DESC(idVendor, "USB Vendor ID");

static ushort idProduct;
module_param(idProduct, ushort, 0);
MODULE_PARM_DESC(idProduct, "USB Product ID");

static ushort bcdDevice;
module_param(bcdDevice, ushort, 0);
MODULE_PARM_DESC(bcdDevice, "USB Device version (BCD)");

static char *iManufacturer;
module_param(iManufacturer, charp, 0);
MODULE_PARM_DESC(iManufacturer, "USB Manufacturer string");

static char *iProduct;
module_param(iProduct, charp, 0);
MODULE_PARM_DESC(iProduct, "USB Product string");

static char *iSerialNumber;
module_param(iSerialNumber, charp, 0);
MODULE_PARM_DESC(iSerialNumber, "SerialNumber string");

--
Best regards,                                           _     _
 .o. | Liege of Serenely Enlightened Majesty of       o' \,=./ `o