Re: System hangs when using USB 3.0 HD with on Ubuntu

On 04/09/2010 07:14 PM, Sarah Sharp wrote:
Someone should probably tell Neil Perng at Genesys Logic.  Maybe Dinh
Nguyen (from the launchpad entry) can provide an email address or
forward this thread on?

Why are we sure that my drive has a chip by Genesys Logic in it at all? I know that there are disks out there with that chip and that there are issues with it, but how did we conclude that the Buffalo drive has the same chip in it? Is there a way for me to verify what chip is used without opening the case?

-Jonas