Re: Using dummy_hcd with g_serial (f_obex)

Am Freitag 09 April 2010 16:52:12 schrieb Alan Stern:
> On Fri, 9 Apr 2010, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> > I found some additional problems with f_obex:
> > 1.
> > After the client disconnects, a select() call with one FD checking for
> > input data wil always return immediately but read() return 0. I fixed
> > this by closing the device and re-opening. tcflush() doesn't help.
>
> Why is that a problem?  Isn't it supposed to work that way?

I certainly didn't expect it on the gadget (server) side, normal on the host
(client) side.
There's already SIGHUP when the cable is disconnected which is only useful to
reset the internal state of the obex application. I have not so much knowledge
about USB but on the server application side, it's a sudden strange behaviour
of select(), as it signals that there is data to read when there's none.

BTW: Is there a way to have enough endpoints to that "modprobe g_serial
use_acm=1 use_obex=1" produces a result that makes ACM and OBEX available?
Currently, I can choose one or the other, not both.

Thanks.

HS